Oh man, it’s been another crazy, busy week for me! I won my case against Airbnb (it’s a long story that I’ll tell another day) found out I do not have coronavirus (the testing really sucks, they stick a q-tip up your nose and it’s very painful) and have been peddling out ideas left and right. So I made a list of all the creature comforts that help me survive isolation, hopefully they’ll help you too! (All items are linked in photos.)
- Salt lamps. Whether you burn candles in them or use a bulb, salt lamps naturally purify the air around you. Their soft, orange glow adds a relaxing touch to your space.
2. Serving tray. You just cleaned your space, you need to keep it that way. A serving tray protects you from making messes on your clean blankets. For really messy eaters, add a towel underneath for extra protection. (Make sure to keep paper towels and a trash can close by.)
3. Weighted Blanket. You guys, a weighted blanket will change your life. Not only does it feel liked you are being cuddled all day, it doesn’t easily slide off the bed and stays in place as you toss and turn throughout the night, so you don’t have to constantly re-adjust it. Plus, it’s so warm!!
4. A 6 port usb outlet. You need your devices as close to you as possible and they need to stay charged. This smart plug connects to your wifi and can be controlled by Alexa.
5. Reflective window film. Sunshine is such a joy now that we’re stuck inside. This reflective window film creates rainbow patterns that enhances the magic of your space or, at least it will if it ever stops raining.
6. A bkr bottle. I have been drinking water non-stop since I bought this. The spikes on the bottle massage your hands and the glass makes the water taste clean. Even if you don’t get a bkr, staying hydrated is important so keep a couple of water bottles close by. BKR is currently running a 25% off sale with code: WELOVEYOU
7. Aromatherapy. Candles, incense, sage, palo santo, essential oils, burn it allllllll. Comforting scents are going to help soothe your anxiety in quarantine. Sage, palo santo, and oil diffusers help purify the air around you as well.